While attending the University of Illinois in Chicago, Whitney Dineen was discovered by a local modeling agent and began an unexpected career as a plus-size Ford model. She modeled in New York City before moving to Los Angeles with her husband. During “The Hollywood Years,” Whitney was bitten by the writing bug and started creating characters inspired by strong women with a great sense of humor. In addition to writing romantic comedies, Whitney has also created a series of adventure books for girls. Whitney and her husband live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest where they raise their children, chickens and organic vegetables.
For more on Whitney, check out her website WhitneyDineen.com
Whitney shares her FIVE FAVORITE THINGS with us:
Five Things I Need to Survive on a Dessert Island:
1. Tweezers. Not just to pluck the goat hair out of my chin either. They are good for removing splinters, picking up worms (for fishing etc.) and other creepy crawlies.
2. A fresh water source full of yummy fish that I will catch with the worms I collect with my tweezers.
3. A lot of butter. Almost anything is edible when drenched in butter.
4. A computer, typewriter, paper and pens… any vehicle for which to write.
5. A darling cabin.
I would have added my family, but I’m looking at this as a little “me” time.
In My Purse at All Times:
1.Some kind of chocolate that has escaped its wrapper and is covered in purse fuzz. I don’t know why.
3. 148 assorted receipts.
4. 8 tubes of lipstick
5. 29 ponytail holders
In My Wardrobe:
1. Tall -Old Navy yoga pants. (I’m over 6′)
2. Cropped yoga pants.
3. Big, white, granny underpants.
5. Mud boots (for mucking out the chicken house)
In My Library:
1. A magic bookshelf that has a never ending supply of romantic comedies.
2. Brandy. Cause heck, if I’m going to have a library it’s going to be fancy.
3. Big overstuffed furniture.
4. Roaring fire.
In My Pantry:
1. Popcorn. Yet another thing to put my desert island butter on.
2. Peanut butter.
3. Supplies for baking cookies. I make the best cookies in the world, bar-none, hands down! Look, I could never list all the things that I can’t do. I say know your worth. I’m worth my weight in cookies that I make.
4. Canned soup.
I love her witty remarks! Check her out at: